Monday, May 7, 2012

Request

A while back, I said I would tell any guy in my position that it does get better and coming out to wife and family is a good thing.  In that vein, I am passing on a video that was sent to me.  No, it isn't about someone in my position, but it is an important point.  So important, that when he requested I put in a blog post, I said I would.  And to be honest, I haven't learned enough about Blog posts to use HTML.  Buddy, you will have to email me with tips.  LOL .
  I also told my anonymous friend, that even before I figured out how to put the link in my blog (BTW, he lives in a country where it can be a death sentence to be gay) I was going to put link to my Facebook page.  I'm not "out" to the general public yet and may never be, but I felt this video was so powerful and important that it was necessary.  Marriage equality is an important civil right.  Why?  Because in the case of this video, the deceased wishes were NOT carried out.  I cannot think of anything more important that those wishes!  How would any of US feel if we knew our wishes weren't going to be carried out? 

As much as I stressed over my situation, it pales in comparison to this one.  PLEASE spread the word.  If you are out, put it on your FB page.  If you aren't try and think of a way to publicize it.  A "I found this interesting" would help.  If we can get all the thinking feeling people to see it, we WILL make a difference.  The close minded bigots are really a small minority!  Don't let them continue to win.
Thank you.

From a friend Please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment