Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Sudoku

I love this game.  I start each day by doing my mental exercises to it.  If there is anyone here who plays it, you know it can be very frustrating as well.  I think that is an apt description of things are in my mind at times.  I stare at a problem for awhile then I see a step forward.  At times, just like in the game, I see several steps at a time after being stumped for what seems like forever.  Pass that roadblock and move on.  Great feeling moving on.  However, just like the game, each step depends on the previous one being right.  Sometimes, you won't learn you made a mistake until the last number is entered.  Then, in the game, the screen highlights the row or rows that are incorrect.  It would be nice if it did it at the time you made the error, but it doesn't.  So I clear out the screen and start over.  My life over the past has been a lot like the game in that I see a couple of moves, make them and see more.  Think I am making progress and at the end realize I made a mistake somewhere along the way.  Do the best at clearing the screen and start over.

Well, today, I feel as if I have finally been putting the right pieces into place.  I am enjoying my life at last!  Weight is starting to come under control (don't recommend the stress diet, but I am down 40 pounds).  Headed to do some treadmill work after finish this AND making plans to do 1/2 marathon in November.  Of course since I haven't gotten to the end there is that worry that I may find I made a mistake that will mess things up at the end.  But I don't think so.  Of course it may just be that I am going to finish this game and start another.  I'm okay with that though.  I will be okay with starting that one over each time it is necessary to move on!  Have a great day everyone.

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you. You and I both know there will be more ups and downs, but it is great to have such a positive attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After I separated from the ex, I started having nightmares, anxiety attacks, heart palpitations and waking up soaked in sweat. After 2 weeks, I had managed to break 3 toes and lost an argument with a rice cooker (that should have had a couple of stitches in my eyebrow). I knew I had to make some changes. So, the next morning I bought a new exercise bike. Over the next 2 months I lost 35 lbs (only needed to lose 15) and 4 inches off my waist. I had to buy new jeans for the Gay Rodeo Christmas dinner and dance. I went with a friend and had a good time.

    Sometimes we need to realize that somethings just take time to resolve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Al. Exercising is a great stress reducer, and weight loss is a great side effect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Anonymous. I don't know how long it will last, but I am going to ride this wave as long as I can.
    Thanks Al, I can so identify with your statement "I knew I had to make some changes" That could be the phrase that best sums up the last year plus.
    Jack: As always, you bring perspective to things. I didnt know until recently you were battling Cancer. I, for one, am so grateful that you have taken time to help us. I guess all I can do is send you positive energy. But I will certainly do that. When/if I get my body back, I will post a pic. Not so much for anyone here, but for myself to show myself I can do it.

    ReplyDelete